CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

How You Can Help

Charitable donations can be made to:
Idaho Central Credit Union
c/o Eric Bryant Fund
3127 West Cherry Lane
Meridian, ID 83642

Benefit Yard Sale

Saturday May 19th from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Chaparral Elementary School

all proceeds will go directly to Mrs. Bryant and her family.
Donations for the yard sale will be accepted at the collections trailer back near the school cafeteria from April 25th until May 15th

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Bryant's Story


As Jodi Bryant lay in a hospital bed in labor with her son, the test results for her husband Eric came in. The explanation for his distraction and memory loss...brain cancer.

Jodi and Eric's story began during the late summer of 2010. They were married on April 9, 2011. Both Jodi and Eric have two children from previous marriages. One thing they both desired was to raise a child together. That desire was granted through the birth of their son on December 22, 2011. Unfortunately, this was also the same date that Eric was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Jodi delivered their son through emergency C-section without her husband by her side. Eric had surgery to remove the tumor on January 3, 2012.

Most of Eric's glioblastoma was removed but the diagnosis remains terminal. The average survival rate for patients with this diagnosis is 12 months, long term survivors live 36 months. Eric is now permanently disabled and however long he is blessed live, he will require 24 hour care.

**UPDATE**

Many of you were touched by the story of Jodi and Eric Bryant. Jodi is a Meridian Elementary School Teacher. In December she gave birth to her son and recieved news that Eric had terminal brain cancer - all in the same day. Eric's cancer has progressed. Doctors have decided to stop all treatments, Eric has been moved to a care facility and Hospice has stepped in. 

The PTA at Chaparral Elementary will be holding a GIANT yard sale on May 19th from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Scout troops will be selling hot dogs and school children will be hosting a bake sale. We will be accepting donations in good condition until May 17th. There is a storage back near the cafeteria that is open during school hours where you can drop your donations. If you have questions or would like to volunteer please contact: Cami Hurst atjeffandcami@msn.com or Bethany Cluff at bethanycluff1@gmail.com



You can make donations at any Idaho Central Credit Union to the Eric Bryant Fund.

Jodi is a fourth grade teacher for the Meridian school district. She has taught in Meridian for ten years teaching special education, kindergarten, and fourth grade. Prior to teaching in Meridian, she taught special education in Pocatello, Idaho.

Eric is a paramedic who worked in California, Arizona, Oregon, and Idaho. He saved many lives and helped many sick and injured people in the past 20 years. He has a dream of becoming a physician assistant. At the time of his diagnosis, Eric was a senior at BSU. He was set to graduate in the spring and move on to PA school. Part of his goal in becoming a PA was to help those in need.

7 comments:

  1. I've never met either of you but I feel so connected to you both. You sound like an amazing family and I am so sorry for this devastating news. My mom was diagnosed with the same brain tumor. She passed away in 2009. At the time of her illness I wished I could talk to someone who could tell me what to expect. If you feel like talking about what's happening I would be honored.
    Also, have you looked into hospice? We didn't use the service very much, but I've heard that you don't have to pay for it when it is a terminal diagnosis, and they can send help to your home.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Judy Tolman
    208-251-3831

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please look up the film Burzynski on Netflix. Dr. Burzynski has some options that don't include death. He is located in Texas. My mom died from the same thing. I don't want that to happen to you too. The only outlook the Dr.s gave us was to give up hope. I wish I had known about Dr. Burzynski back then. Good luck and God bless you and your young family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about this. This is an awful diagnosis. My sister, 24 years old, was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme February 23, 2011. This is an ugly disease! I pray for you and your family and I hope that one day there will be a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope and prayers are something I believe in. Thank you to all those who remember by brother and his family everyday. Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES DO CHECK INTO HOSPICE. THEY WERE THERE FOR US WITH OUR MOM. THEY ARE GREAT. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND THEY CAN HELP YOU. CANCER IS NOT A FUN DISEASE. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS YOU DON'T. WE LSOT OUR MOM TO STOMACHCANCER IT WILL BE 2 YEARS THE 26th OF THIS MONTH. SHE HADN'T EVEN BEEN SICK. THE DOCTORRS THOUGHT IT WAS KIDNEY INFECTION. SHE HAD QUITE OFTEN BUT IT WASN'T. SO YES GET WITH YOUR DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY AND THEY WILL HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT HELP. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL ALONE. WE TRIED AT FIRST BUT HAD TO GET HELP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bryant Family - I am so incredibly sorry and sad to read your story. I am Apryl Gardner's aunt (I believe you have her son, Wyatt, in school), and I saw your story through her. I just wanted you to know again how sorry I am and that I'm praying for your family. I also wanted to let you know that my mom is living with Glioblastoma Multiforme right now. She has been blessed with 3 good years . . . and still counting. I know no one's story is the same, but please know I, my mom and/or my dad would be very happy to talk with you about anything . . . what we've gone through to this point, treatment options we've used, treatment options we've discussed, how scary this is, how angry we get . . . anything. If you'd like to visit over phone/email, Apryl can help get us connected. Thinking of you and praying for each of you - Sara Waltz

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother was diagnosed with the same thing in March of 2009. We spent wonderful time together and were able to be with him when he passed in June of 2009. Hospice was wonderful. My brother opted not to treat it with chemo or radiation. His tumor was inoperable. They tried to get it, but couldn't. Sometimes I wonder how things would have been different had he done the chemo or radiation. It seems that brain cancer is everywhere. Makes you wonder what is causing it. I'm a teacher also, and our principal printed the Idaho Statesman article and gave us each a copy to read. I wish you the best and am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete